Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The air going out of the balloon

In the heady shopping whirl leading up to Christmas, The American Story and Once Upon a Banana were like colorful balloons bobbing above a sea of shoppers. Now, they are lying on the floor, looking a little shriveled. Well, that was predictable.

Now that my autumn of publicity and the holiday season are behind me, it's back to work. I'm preparing an on-line webinar for February, and revisiting a macabre middle grade novella about a slightly mad dollmaker in pre-Revolutionary Paris which I had started a few years ago and put aside. On the last day of 2006 I emptied all the waste baskets, washed and folded all the laundry and emptied the sink of dirty dishes and headed north to the High Peaks. New Year's Day was the first official day of my 1,000 mile challenge (minimun of 10,000 steps a day) and a walk along the icy banks of the Ausable River was the perfect start. My friends Jane (of the Ethiopia trip) and her husband, Christian, pointed to the icicles growing from the rocks across the river from their beach -- "they'll be there until May" they said. It isn't really cold here yet, but will be soon enough, and winter is the time I typically hunker down in front of the fire and get the most work done.

So along with my 1,000 mile walk this year I'd like to complete a new book. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments: