Tuesday, November 21, 2006

News roundup

Okay, let's see, the Montgomery (Alabama) Advertiser says The American Story is a "keeper." This newspaper serves the "heartland" of New York, although I'm not entirely sure what that might consist of. I live in New York and I've never heard of any part of it being called the heartland. Wherever it is, they like The American Story, too. The book has been holding pretty steadily at under 1,000 on Amazon.com. Of course the problem with tracking sales rank is that you don't know how many books that number actually represents. In addition to sales rank I'd love to see "books sold today." Of course that would just be one more thing for me to obsess over.

On the house tour decorating front, I spent much of yesterday crumbling white styrofoam and mixing it with glue to make piles of snow. Right now these piles of snow are curing in front of the gas fire in my breakfast room. They look surprisingly realistic. The basic idea is to fill the house with ice, frost and snow. And polar bears. No santas. No nutcrackers. No bows. No no no. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments: