Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Parade Magazine, August 6



I guess it doesn't much matter if a magazine with a circulation of 35 million only puts a small mention of The American Story in its pages.
As my dad pointed out when I told him there would be something on Sunday, "Let's hope 1% of the people who see it buy the book." My first thought was "1 percent? That sounds a little puny." Then I did the math.
Here's to 1 percent
"Here's history that reads like a yarn."

The above image from the book is from the story about the Goodnight-Loving Trail and the beginning of the cowboy myth that has been so important to our nation's self-image. The picture is copyrighted by Roger Roth. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments: