Sunday, August 13, 2006

Table of Contents of The American Story


I think it's normal (I hope it's normal) or at least it's not unusual (at least I hope it's not unusual) for an author to poke around the Internet looking to see if anyone is talking about her or her books. It's a classic procrastination technique, if nothing else. This morning I discovered that the entire table of contents for The American Story is on the Library of Congress website. You can't necessarily tell from the titles of the stories what the topic might be -- "The Knotted Rope," for example, is about the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. On the other hand, a title such as "The Devil in Massachusetts" is not too difficult to decipher. So this table of contents will give you a flavor of the book, while leaving some of it a little mysterious -- enough, I hope, to pique your curiosity.

The above illustration is from the story about Paul Revere, of course! It is copyrighted by Roger Roth. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way to the bookstore to order my copy. It sounds great!

If you end up near me, let me know. I'd love to see you again!
Cindy Faughnan
Norwich, VT